3/22/12

A Life is a Life....Until It's Taken

I had been trying to keep my comments to myself about Trayvon Martin case. Am I outraged? Of course I am, as every human on the planet should be.  The thing that gets me about this case is that, if this was black guy that felt the same way Zimmerman felt (because there are some black people that just don't like other black people), that had shot another black guy....I don't think it would've caught fire like it did.  Does it make it any less tragic because they have a common denominator of skin color? No...it's still tragic.  Should you be less outraged if Zimmerman was a teenager also? No...it's still an outrage.


Whenever a life is lost, it's sad, it's tragic and everyone should be outraged, regardless of who did the killing and who was killed.  A life is precious.  I often wonder will we as people learn that?  Especially the people who look like me.  This year alone I can think of 2 people, both teens, who were MURDERED, but was it a march about it? No.  Does it make it any less tragic? No.  Should you be any less outraged? No.  At least not in my eyes.

It's easy to say the it's a different case, but when it boils down to it, it's all the same.  Person 1 didn't value life enough not to kill Person 2.  It's my sincere prayer that one day we as a people, especially black people, will learn that life is precious.  And not just get outraged when it seems like a severe injustice was done, but understand that every time a life is lost, it's an injustice.  But then again.....that's just the way I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment