12/15/11

Big Sister Blues

So in 19 days I'm moving.  There are so many feeling swarming around in my head.  I'm happy because it's been a long time coming, I've been back home now for 6 years, that's a LONG time.  But I'm also nervous because I've been back home for 6 years.  I'm ready though.  I'm ready to stretch out and walk around naked...lol. 

I'm going to miss my brother though, we haven't seen eye to eye a lot over the past year or so, but he's still my baby brother and we have a bond.  It's going to be weird not coming home to him.  For most of his life he's lived in the same house as I have.  I remember before he was school age, he would wait for me to get home from school and when I was doing my homework he would jump on my back and want to play and I would tell him to go somewhere, but by the end both of us would be cracking up laughing and my homework would be sitting right there. 

I also remember when I left to go to college.  He was in the 6th or 7th grade.  It was crazy.  There was so much going on around that time.  I've always been like the mother of the family, and it was like I was I was leaving my children.  When I came back he was so big, it was like who is this person. I have moved in and out a couple times since then but even with that the longest I was gone was 2 years and he come over often. 

But this move is different.  It's a big move, I'm not moving far but this quite possibly and hopefully is the last time we will ever live together.  Lord knows I'm ready for this move, but I'm going to miss coming home to that knuckle-head.....a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment